Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Street Angels

As a Christian I tend to do too much talking. I am quick to tell you what the bible teaches but slow to put it into practice in my own life. I also find myself judging everyone but my own hideous actions. I am very prideful and that is why I need the grace that Jesus Christ offers me.

What does it profit, friends, if I say I have faith in God, a model Christian but I don't put any effort into helping people in need? Oh yes, I say I will pray for you but will I feed you, clothe you or shelter you?

Is my faith real? If I really love Jesus Christ, make Him Master, shouldn't my life actions reflect His love towards others?

So if a brother or sister is living on the street in dirty clothes, hungry, cold and I say to them I'll pray for you and yet I do not lend them a helping hand, where is the love of Christ in that? I must admit here and now that I am guilty.

The irony of this situation is that here God has pre-arranged divine meetings with people in need  but I fail to perform. Not wanting to take the time or spend the money all I end up saying  is... "Be warm and be filled, peace be with you!"

Where are all the street angels in this world? We have so much. How can we continue to satisfy ourselves while people around us go without? Look in the mirror the image you see is the person God wants to use to be a street angel. God will use you if you let Him.

So ask yourself these questions...

Do I really love Jesus Christ?  Do my actions confirm this? When was the last time I helped someone who was in need ?  As the season of giving is soon to be upon us lets begin to put others first and love them the way Jesus would!

No comments: