Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Dogs

So I'm sitting at my computer in my living room this morning as I do most every morning contemplating my future. Work, employment has all but vanished, evaporated into thin air. As a building contractor I am use to  "feast or famine" but this is a very low tide I find myself wading through. I stop to rub my eyes, yawn and in doing so I glance down at my feet . There curled up in a tight, warm ball, snuggled securely, literally at my feet is my year old terrier-mix puppy I named  Jasmine.

I am so glad God created dogs! Amazed and so thrilled with their unique, complete companionship. Pets and specifically dogs are our trustworthy, faithful and loving friends. One unmistakable design aspect is how God designed dogs to be so loyal. They really are just  canine family members and our new adopted sons and daughters. They so patiently wait for any attention that they can get from us. They long for their master's hand to appear and slowly but deliberately approach them to offer some long awaited and deserved attention.

Another design aspect I have observed is how God  provides companionship to all sorts of elderly and even disabled people who without the comfort of their pet would probably not thrive. Sometimes pets are all we have in this world and without their constant and continued friendship we would be utterly lost. I was reminded of late as the so called friends in my life continue to let me down and disappoint me that God has provided my dog as a reminder to me that He still cares for and loves me. Pets are living memorial stones.

Proverbs 3:5,6 tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight." This is one incredible promise of God. But while He cant force our friends to be loyal and to love us, He was able to design dogs in a way that after providing them with just a little food and water, they eagerly await the opportunity to jump into our laps. If only our friends could be so loving?

As for me and my future? My work will pick up, new friends and opportunities will appear and  life will continue to go on. So as the sun rises on a new day and as I glance down once again from my chair towards the floor there coiled up at my feet is my faithful, loyal dog Jasmine!  Dogs are so faithful. 





No comments: