Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Friday, December 3, 2010

The New Church

    I'm studying today for our first church meeting and bible study of  Refuge. God is so very good! We will be studying the gospel of Luke and there is so much information there just in the first couple of paragraphs of chapter one. So I will have to break out my guitar, dust it off and practice a few worship songs. Cyndie P. has opened up her home in Alpine, Ca. as a place where we can start to gather new members to the fellowship. She has also offered to help me with worship. She has a very beautiful voice and is a very hospitable host, thank you Cyndie!
   There is this pastor and friend of mine, Greg Kelly, who is a really gifted young man. God has given him a real talent to be able to communicate His word in a very "down to earth" kind of way. Greg  is a very funny person, his quick wit allows him to often draw and shoot from his hip. He is also a very capable  bible teacher, who is able to present God's word in a modern way that makes it come alive even more than usual. Greg is married to Katie and has two very energetic, beautiful children.
   Greg and I will be equally sharing all duties and tasks associated with the shepherding of a church body. Eventually, I will be teaching a mid week "Through The Bible" study while Greg will host a High School / College age fellowship at his home. There will be plenty of work for all of you to do so please come and get involved. Greg and I will also be hosting a radio talk show which will premiere early next year on San Diego's own K-Praise KPRZ 1210 AM, stay tuned in for more information.
    So here I am on the eve of becoming a senior pastor along side of my good friend Greg and together with the support of my wife Pam, Greg's wife Katie and the power of the Holy Spirit we will be witnesses to what God can accomplish when people yield to His leading.

No comments: