Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Epiphany

Epiphany \ fr Gk epiphaneia meaning an appearance or manifestation esp. of a divine being.
    As the warm water from the shower head began to wash  away the dirt after a day of spraying wall texture in the nursery at Calvary Chapel La Mesa,  I had  an epiphany or so I thought. In the Apostle Paul's  letter to the Ephesians  Chapter 5 verse 26 he talks about the word of God washing us clean through the washing of water by the word. A type of spiritual soap, if you can imagine,  that can reach or get at  those recesses and hidden places of our hearts and minds.
     So my shower time epiphany was something this Pastor had said to a friend of mine many years ago. "You will never teach from my pulpit!". Now my first feelings upon conjuring up this ugly remark was one of  anger but now as the water began to cleanse my outer body I could feel a spiritual cleansing begin to heal a much deeper wound that was hiding in my heart.
    Maybe you have experienced this or know this to be true but people can become too possessive of their positions, ministries and totally forget who gave them the opportunity to serve in the first place. Even in my own life I find myself saying something like "Oh, you must come to my church where I will be pastoring when it starts up early next year".  Pride is poison, a deadly poison the most dangerous disease a Christian can contract. Humility, on the other hand,  is the only antidote when properly applied in the right amount can reverse the adverse infection from pride.
    So there were really no divine beings with me in the shower last night. There were no visions of Mother Mary not even the face of Jesus in the moisture accumulating on the glass of the shower walls but only  a still, quiet, gentle voice begging me to listen and follow Him down the path to freedom. I love my shower time.

No comments: