Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Mile Every 7 Seconds

So I woke up early today. I'd say 3:00 am its becoming my usual. Today is my day off and I am meeting my friend Kevin Burkhardt at the Palomar airport in Carlsbad, CA. Kevin is a pilot who flies CEO's around the world on small personal jets. Today he is arriving at 8:30 am departing from Denver Colorado.

As I leave my house which is nestled in the hills above Alpine Ca. I looked down at my watch and tried to guess when Kevin was pulling back on the stick in his Lear Jet which would gracefully leave the tires hanging in mid air. Kevin was leaving Colorado and taking off from Denver International Airport. I found out later as I was traveling down my bumpy dirt road on my way to meet him in Carlsbad That he was leaving Denver at the very same moment in real time. It took Kevin 2 hours and 5 min to go over 1000 miles at the speed of 575 miles per hour. I was traveling about 75 miles in traffic which took me about 1 and 1/2 hours.

No comments: