Welcome

If you have stumbled here by accident let me first insist that there really are no accidents in life. If however, you came on your own free will then please by all means open your hearts and your minds to the "New Wine" that God has prepared for you!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crosswalk

Technology these days is really quite incredible. You can receive and send email from your Blackberry or I phone. With the new RFID chips you are now able to wave your magic wand and a door will open, lights will turn on or even pay for gas at your local station. And to think 150 years ago we were using antique printing presses, filling up our car's gas tank with hay, using kerosene lamps for light and corn cobs for well... we better just move on.

I was on my way to KPRZ 1210 AM studios yesterday with my newest best friend Greg Kelly. We drove in my work truck complete with a lumber rack so we not able to park in the parking structure. So down the street around the corner and through the intersection we went to Tom Le Vine's little shop of wonders. We parked my truck and started walking toward their office building. As we approached a major traffic intersection we stopped and pushed the "Walk" button on the traffic signal and waited for the walking green.

This particular street is way wide and so after crossing about four lanes of traffic Greg looks over and asks me "Maybe we better run the rest of the way?". Now  having been down this street before and crossed this intersection many times on foot I knew the walking green flashed a count down when you reached the middle of the crosswalk. So as I looked over at Greg I said "No, we don't have to run we still have 23 seconds on the clock" and  just then the walking green signal flashed 23, 22 and then 21 as it counted down the time left before the light changed from green to red..

Friends, I only wish I could reassure you  that God has installed those very same  high tech crosswalk signals in our own lives, the ones that let us know we only have a few seconds or days left in our lives. When we would all  transform ourselves into the likeness of a Mother Theresa or Saint Francis of Assisi  but He has not. Our Heavenly Father did, however, manage to leave behind a "Cross" to point us in the right direction. But maybe you are a "Jay Walker" and like the thrill of running across the road  taking your life into your own hands?

Greg and I completed our walk across the street as the seconds on the walking green sign ticked down to zero we had safely made it across the intersection and were half way to our destination. I looked down at my wristwatch and we were right on time to  record our first five days worth of programing for K-Praise's  KPRZ 1210 AM "Refuge Radio" which airs Mon-Fri 8:30 to 9:00 PM evenings. Where by the way, you can hear more about that old rugged cross that really is God's "crosswalk"  into eternity.

No comments: